* Listen to the talk above.
“Marriage, ultimately, is not about us. Marriage is a picture of the gospel”
Why does God care so much about marriage and our sexual lives? In this talk, we look at what the Bible says about these topics — and why. (Follow all of our Big Questions talks here.)
Here’s a brief outline:
- What the Bible says about marriage and sexuality.
- God created two genders, male and female. (Genesis 1:27)
- God created marriage for one man and one woman for life. (Genesis 2:18-24)
- Any sexual activity outside marriage is evil. (Matthew 19:3-6; Mark 7:20-23)
- Why the Bible says these things about marriage and sexuality.
- Marriage reflects God’s nature. (Deuteronomy 6:4; Genesis 2:24)
- Marriage provides the means for God to fill the earth. (Genesis 1:28)
- Marriage provides a portrait of the cross. (Ephesians 5:22-33)
Delivered by Pastor Nathaniel on September 19, 2018 at Cedar Rock First Baptist Church.