By Pastor Nathaniel Williams
We have a God-given responsibility to pray for our leaders. The Apostle Paul describes it this way:
“First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way.” (1 Timothy 2:1-2)
As Christians, we need to heed Paul’s words to pray for President Trump and our elected leaders at all times — in good times and bad, when we agree with them and when we don’t.
We especially need to pray for them right now. As you’ve probably heard, the President, some of his family members, and others in his sphere of influence have contracted COVID — our own Senator Thom Tillis included. President Trump has been transported to Walter Reed Medical Center where he is being treated and evaluated.
In light of all these circumstances, we need to pray.
- Pray that God would heal the President and other government officials who’ve contracted the disease.
- Pray that God would grant peace and stability to our nation in a fraught, tension-filled season.
- Pray that the President and other government officials would repent of their sins and believe in Christ, if they have not done so already. Our greatest desire is not just that God would heal their bodies, but that he’d heal their souls.
- Pray that God would grant the President and other government officials wisdom, discernment, and good judgment as they lead our nation in this time.
- Pray that in all things, God’s will would be done.
Please join us in praying!