* Listen to the message above. “The greatest gift we can give our children is our own personal holiness“ It’s good to learn from your mistakes. It’s even better to learn from others’ mistakes. On Child-Parent Dedication Sunday, we learn from the mistakes of seven good-for-nothing sons. In particular, we learn that Jesus is not an add-on … More Sermon: Learning From Others’ Mistakes (Acts 19:11-20)
* Listen to the message above. “To be an almost Christian is to be no Christian at all.“ Is being an almost Christian enough? No, as we see in Acts 19. But there is hope for “almost Christians” — when the repent and believe in Jesus. (Listen to more messages on Acts.) Delivered by Pastor … More Sermon: The Curious Case of the “Almost Christians” (Acts 19:1-10)
* Listen to the message above. “You’re not saved by going to church. But saved people do go to church — because saved people are the church.“ You’ll never outgrow your need for the church, and you’ll never outgrow your need to be teachable. (Listen to more messages on Acts.) Delivered by Pastor Nathaniel on … More Sermon: You’ll Never Outgrow This (Acts 18:18-28)
* Listen to the message above. “If you’re tired, stressed, anxious and burned out, cling to this truth. God is your heavenly father. He keeps his promises. He loves you. And Jesus is coming back for you.“ Have you ever felt tired, stressed, anxious or burned out? Paul can relate. His second missionary journey had been really, really hard. … More Sermon: Grace for the Burned Out (Acts 18:1-17)
* Listen to the message above. “There’s only one philosophy that’s ultimately true… the gospel of Jesus Christ.“ In Acts 17:26-34, Paul strolls into the city of Athens, Greece, and he talks about Jesus with people who are vastly different than him. We learn to talk about Jesus out of a burden, even though people … More Sermon: In A World of Apples and Oranges, We Are the Mangos (Acts 17:16-34)
* Listen to the message above. We apologize for the poor audio quality. “You are never too young to cultivate a love for God’s word. And you’re never too old to cultivate a love for God’s word.“ God’s word is a treasure; how do you treat it? This is the question we ask ourselves as … More Sermon: Do You Submit to God’s Word — or Stand in Judgment Over It? (Acts 17:1-15)
* Listen to the message above. “If you are a believer in Jesus Christ, the people in this room are not just acquaintances, co-parishioners, or even friends. These are your family members. Their joys are your joys. Their sorrows are your sorrows.“ Jesus makes us so strange that we sing our sufferings, love our enemies, and have a new … More Sermon: Jesus Makes You Strange (Acts 16:25-40)
* Listen to the message above. “Whether we’re wealthy and put together or poor and falling apart — Whether we wear the latest fashions or we wear a bunch of rags — Whether we’re socially significant or completely overlooked — Whether we’re vaguely religious or completely not religious — — Everyone needs Jesus.” In Acts 16, we discover how … More Sermon: Everyone Needs Jesus (Acts 16:11-24)
* Listen to the message above. “Are you willing to put your yes on the table?” In Acts 16, we learn two important lessons about sharing the good news of Jesus? (Listen to more messages on Acts.) Delivered by Pastor Nathaniel on August 4, 2019 at Cedar Rock First Baptist Church.
* Listen to the message above. “The reconciliation of two believers is not just good. It’s sweet. It’s beautiful.” Sometimes Christians disagree. Sometimes, this disagreement leads to division. What happens next? (Listen to more messages on Acts.) Delivered by Pastor Nathaniel on July 28, 2019 at Cedar Rock First Baptist Church.